With recreational marijuana becoming legally mainstream, the sales for cannabis have gone through the roof. Needless to say, millennials are flocking to this plant, with trendy brands and packaging catching interest on social media and online weed sites like Leafly and High Times, but what this newly opened industry offers those who buy it for medical reasons, is the true salvation.
Cannabis has long been a taboo topic, though medically, the research and studies have shown what the benefits of CBD, CBG, and THC all offer those with less than optimal physical conditions and it’s truly marveling. Seeing as the fastest way to feel the benefits of cannabis is to smoke it, knowing how to roll a joint is essential.
In this article, we go over how to roll a joint, all the measurements, the best rolling papers, and everything you need to become a pro at making cones!
How to Roll a Joint 101
You might have seen a trendy video of someone making a cone in just 30 seconds and been envious. Rolling a joint is like a rite of passage for any cannabis smoker, but perfecting it comes with practice, technique, and the right supplies. Whether you’re a newbie or seasoned joint roller, having your basics in or refreshed is key to a smooth, even cone.
First things first, if you want to invest the time into rolling your own joints, you have to be prepared to spend a bit more. Not only will you be buying your favorite strain of hemp flower, but you’ll also have to invest in the supplies you’ll need to roll joints.
No fail, you’ll need to purchase your own:
- Cannabis bud grinder
- Rolling papers
- Rolling tray
While you can grind your hemp flower with scissors, a spice grinder, or some other inventive alternative, to keep one item specifically for your aromatic buds, a cannabis grinder is ideal. A booklet of rolling papers is another must, since joints can be finicky and not burn correctly without a good quality paper. What size rolling paper should be used for weed?
If you’re new to rolling yourself, begin with normal or 1 ¼ sized rolling papers. Once you master that size, you can graduate up to King sized rolling papers, which is what a full gram joint uses.
Typically a booklet will include a crutch (filter) for the joint, or you can buy a filter more to your tailored style for smoking a joint. The last staple is a rolling tray, to keep your rolling from making a mess and it helps avoid wasting extra ground shake!
Once you have these items, you’ll be ready to learn how to roll a joint.
The step by step process goes as:
- Take out your rolling tray, cannabis grinder, and rolling papers.
- Select your hemp flower of choice.
- Grind the bud (ground only the amount you’ll need for the number(s) of cones you want to make to preserve the freshness for your next round of cones.
- Uncap your grinder to reveal the fresh shake.
- Take out a sheet of rolling paper and a crutch.
- Place the crutch on one end of the rolling paper, fold the paper around it a few times to help it stay in place. (Note: you don’t have to use a tip/filter, but it does help with stability of the joint, stops shake from falling out while you make it and while you smoke it, and it keeps your fingertips from getting burnt.)
- Fill the rolling paper with the shake (ground cannabis) until you reach half a gram to a gram.
- Form and shape the joint with your fingers.
- Now you can roll the joint. Pinch the paper, then roll it back and forth to pack the shake into the cone shape.
- Start with the crutch side and tuck the unglued side of the rolling paper into the roll, roll it up, and lick the glued end to seal the joint in place.
- Just like with a cigarette, packing the open end helps the joint to burn evenly. Use a pen or any long, slim object to pack it.
- Twist the open end to close up the joint and voila!
You now have a ready to blaze joint. Good job!
Rolling your own cones is a great process and a worthwhile task, but it can be time-consuming. If you don’t have the wherewithal, time, or resources to invest in your own cone-making supplies, don’t sweat it! Pre-rolls are readily available too and cut down on all the extra expenses.
What are Pre-Rolls?
Rolling your own cone is a great option, don’t get us wrong, but for beginners or the time-crunch smokers, pre-rolls are an absolute given. Pre-rolls are premade by the seller and ready to light up the minute you purchase them. You’re local dispensaries will have them, but stock is limited with the strain options, and the cost is usually higher. An online retail store sells pre-rolls at a better price and has a larger selection of Indica, Sativa, or Hybrid strains! At D8 THC Shop, we offer the highest quality, potent, and best-selling Delta 8 pre-rolls, as well as CBD and CBG pre-rolls.
Take a gander at our online shop and check out our deals on the best Delta 8 products online! Feel relief, a powerful high, and zero anxiety or paranoia with Delta 8 THC. You won’t be disappointed.